You're hired and now need to book your travel...
Really you just need to get to the town of Jackson, Wyoming and our free employee shuttle will provide you transportation to your work location in Grand Teton National Park.
If you will be arriving to the airport or the town of Jackson and need a ride to your work location be sure to fill out the following sign up form to reserve the employee shuttle. Fill out this request AT LEAST 1 week before your arrival, as soon as possible is preferred!
Coordinate with your Hiring Manager for arrivals before May 1, 2023.
Arriving by Plane
Jackson Hole Airport is the closest airport.
Jackson Hole Airport, WY, (JAC) – 28 miles
Bus options from Salt Lake City, UT (Airport)
or Idaho Falls, ID to Jackson, WY
- Not preferred method due to very early morning layovers
Salt Lake Express
10:00am (3hr layover in Idaho, arrives 5:00pm)
10:30pm (3hr layover in early morning in Idaho, arrives 8:00am)
Drop off location is @ Albertsons Grocery Store
Greyhound generally arrives to Jackson around 5 PM @ Albertsons Grocery Store
Arriving by Car
If you’re driving here and will have a vehicle this summer, it needs to be registered with the park so that you don’t have to pay the entrance fee each time you enter.
It cost to get into a national park - which would add up! Bring your drivers license, vehicle registration, and employee ID to your locations housing management to receive your park pass sticker. Since you won’t have a sticker when you arrive, just tell the friendly entrance gate attendant in Moran that you are a new GTLC employee, arriving for the first time. They’ll let you pass, but that will only work once. You’ll need a sticker after that day.
*Jackson Hole Golf & Tennis employees do not receive a park pass for their vehicles.
Town of Jackson Travel
Southern Teton Area Rapid Transit (START) is a public bus service provided by Town of Jackson and Teton County. Schedule and routes can be found here. Fares are free for in town travel.
Employee Shuttle Information
Rules of the Shuttle
1. You must present your Employee ID when boarding the shuttle.
2. Use of the Guest Shuttle is a privilege, please treat shuttle drivers (your fellow employees) with respect.
3. You are expected to display appropriate behavior when riding the shuttle. If your behavior is disturbing other passengers, you may be asked to step off.
4. No open food or drink (with the exception of water) is permitted on the shuttle.
5. Please refrain from using transportation services if you are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19.