Free to ALL employees
I came to Jackson Hole during the Yellowstone fires of 1988 with no plan of staying, and yet, here I stayed. Since then the Rocky Mountain wilderness has become a part of my soul along with the desert of the southwest--which I pleasantly realized--is only a day's drive from here.
In the year of 2000, I developed a tutoring service for children specializing in reading, writing, and elementary math. I ran this business for 10 years, as well as a tutoring nonprofit under the Community Foundation of Jackson Hole for 3 years.
In 2007, I began my work as a therapist while achieving my MS in Mental Health Counseling, and became a Licensed Professional Counselor in 2008. I have been counseling individuals of all ages from young child to older adult, as well as providing family therapy services, for 12 years. I am passionate in my work to help others heal and grow. It is what I was meant to do though it took me until the age of 40 to change careers. I was drawn to the subject of psychology and had a strong desire to help others at the age of 19, but not until the age of 40, did I feel I had enough life-experience to confidently commit to this profound field of work...and I truly love it.
How do I set up an appointment?
Contact 307-730-4793 to set up a free consultation call to get started.
Where is Donna's office located?
You will receive an email from Donna about directions and options of going to her office in the town of Jackson or using the on-site company provided location. Summer of 2020 all calls will be conducted through an online video app called Zoom.
How Does it work?
The Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
The EAP is available to all U.S. employees, your dependent(s) and anyone else who lives with you. Administered by ComPsych, the EAP is a confidential counseling program available to assist with a wide variety of issues we all face from time to time, as well as additional resources you might find useful. All of this is offered at no cost to you.
Our EAP offers six counseling sessions, per issue, per plan year, at no cost to you. This no-cost benefit is also available to your dependent(s) and anyone you live with. This allows you to meet face-to-face with a licensed therapist to discuss a variety of issues including:
- Stress, anxiety or depression
- Substance use
- Job pressures
- Grief and loss
If you need help with more than one issue, you can use up to six counseling sessions per individual issue. In addition to confidential counseling, the EAP provides helpful financial planning resources, legal consultation and work-life resources. The work-life resources can be used for everything from finding child or elder care to determining what the best gift is for your niece or nephew.
Bottom line: if you need information, ComPsych can help. Call 877-327-2289 or go here to get started. Enter “VailEAP” for the Organization Web ID when you register.
IMPORTANT: Vail Resorts takes employee confidentiality extremely seriously. Unless there is an immediate threat, all information shared with the above resources will remain confidential. Whether you’re with Vail Resorts for a season or a career, we view all of our employees as family and want to look out for each other. We hope you find these resources helpful.
Looking for mental health support for you or your coworker?
We understand life can get demanding. Whether it is work, family, finances, health, relationships or some other stressor...we know life has its challenges. Vail Resorts is passionate about providing useful resources for when you or those around you need help.
For more information or to speak with a Guidance Consultant any time, any day, contact ComPsych at:
Online: GuidanceResources.com - You will need to register with a username and password to access the information. Click Register, enter VailEAP for the Organization Web ID and complete the remaining fields to create an account.
Caring For A Coworker
There are resources available if you know a coworker who is going through a tough time. A few years ago, we rolled out Caring For A Coworker to help all of us support the mental and physical health of our colleagues with practical information on multiple topics:
- Stress Management
- Suicide Prevention
- Alcohol & Drug Abuse Education
- Communication Tips To Help A Coworker
Epic Wellness - Wallet
We can all find ways to use our hard-earned cash more wisely. Whether trying to get better control of your cash flow, paying off debt or saving for the future, there are resources to help you achieve your goals:
Looking To Have A Retirement Of Lifetime?
- If you’re not already participating in the 401(k) retirement plan, check it out. It’s never too early (or too late!) to begin saving for retirement. All U.S. employees over the age of 21 are eligible for the Vail Resorts 401(k) Retirement Plan.
Already Participating In The 401(k)?
- Consider contributing at least six percent to get the full three percent match once you become eligible. The average contribution for Vail Resorts employees is 13 percent. Empower Retirement’s website makes it easy for you to adjust your contributions and see how that could impact your retirement readiness.
- Roth contributions may help you increase your take-home pay in retirement. Check them out to see how they may be beneficial to your retirement strategy.
- Interested in having a licensed professional create a retirement strategy just for you? Check out “My Total Retirement” to get assistance planning your future!
- Learn about how Target Dated Funds can offer a convenient, long-term solution for retirement savings.
- Getting close to retirement? Here’s some information you may find valuable.
Do you have student loans?
- The Empower Student Debt Solution offers guidance tools, education on forgiveness programs and lending products that can help you save on your student loan payments. Their easy-to-use navigation evaluation tool offers two simple steps to receive a personalized evaluation that provides you with education and guidance based on your unique situation.
- Log in to your Empower Retirement account (you do not need to contribute to the 401(k) to create an account), then navigate to My Financial Path --> Empower Student Debt Solution
Need Help Setting Up A Budget?
- Empower Retirement can help you create a budget in three steps
- Check out popular digital tools like Wally, Mint, or YNAB(You Need A Budget)
Need Help Managing Your Debt?
- Check this out and learn how snowballs aren't just fun to throw...they're also a useful approach to paying off debt!
Want to become more financially savvy?
- Empower Retirement's Learning Center has expert insights, interactive learning tools, calculators and more information on various financial topics.
- Empower Retirement's "My Financial Path" can help you make sense of your money. It provides a personalized action plan in three minutes or less to help you achieve your financial goals.
- Log in to your Empower Retirement account (you do not need to contribute to the 401(k) to create an account), then navigate to My Financial Path --> Start Now
The EpicPromise Foundation supports Vail Resorts employees and their dependents in times of need through emergency relief grants and educational grants:
Emergency Relief Grants are awarded to assist with unpredictable life setbacks such as a sudden medical issue, home disaster or other life event.