Employee Perks & Recreation
- FREE National Park Pass to Grand Teton National Park and Yellowstone National Park
- FREE Participation in guest activities: Horseback rides, kayak and boat rentals, lake cruises & scenic raft tours, 200 miles of hiking trails and THE greatest perk ever – living in one of the most picturesque national parks!
- $95/week "Room & Board" fee which covers:
- 3 meals/day in the employee cafeteria including bag lunches
- Shared Dormitory Housing*
- Linens: pillow, pillowcase, sheets, blankets and towel
- all utilities (heat, water, electricity, garbage & sewer)
- FREE Laundry facilities (must bring own detergent)
- FREE Employee Shuttle Services throughout the park and to town
- FREE access to the Employee Assistance Program (EAP) - Onsite counselor
- Complimentary WiFi**
- Complimentary use of Recreation halls and Employee Gym (Climbing Wall)
- Facilitated Employee Recreation Activities (ex. hikes, softball, volleyball & discounted group events to local attractions)
- Discounts of up to 20% "off retail" in our Gift Shops
- Discounts in Jackson with Employee I.D.
- "Mid-season" and "End of Season" Employee Parties
- Opportunities to work for our sister Vail Resort Properties for their winter season.
*The Jackson Hole Golf & Tennis Club provides discounted housing and there is no Room & Board Fee at this resort.
** Cell service and WiFi unavailable at Flagg Ranch
With an onsite Employee Recreation Director, employees always have opportunities to participate in. We offer many employee events and activities for all interests.
- Employee Art Show
- Inter-mural Softball Team
- Pool tournaments
- Bingo & movie nights
- Outdoor excursions (Yellowstone, Granite Hot Springs, group hikes, kayak trips, etc.)
- Theme parties
- Community volunteer projects
- Winter job fair
- 4th of July parade and ice cream social
Interpretive & Development Programs
Employees are invited to attend any of our complimentary guest programs including:
- History talks about our properties and Jackson Hole by GTLC Historian, Mary McKinney
- Teton Raptor Center brings birds of prey to Jackson Lake Lodge where we can learn about them and their rehabilitation journeys
- The Cougar Fund shares information about the most elusive animal in our park that you may never even see
- Our Interpretive Specialist leads hikes up Lunchtree Hill, where the vision and legacy of Grand Teton National Park began
- Weekly Grizzly Bear presentations provide information about our local bears, and how to be safe around them
Our Interpretive Specialist leads field trips and classes that offer opportunities to learn and share with other employees that are guides or have an interest in our natural and cultural resources. Employees can check out interpretive materials and resource books from our staff library. Some of our employee recreation activities will be enhanced with an interpretive guide offering in-depth information about our wildlife, flora, fauna, geology and human history.
Guest Activities free to Employees
All GTLC & Flagg Ranch employees are encouraged to participate in any guest activity the company offers. Most of the activities are free of charge to employees and are booked on a space available basis.
- Horseback Riding
- Canoe/Kayak/Boat Rentals*
- River Raft Trips
- Lake Cruises
- Breakfast and Dinner Lake Cruises*
- Lunch and Dinner Raft Trips*
* Activities involving a meal are provided to employees at the cost of food. Boat rentals are provided at the cost of fuel.
Jackson Hole Activities
Looking for something in our local community? Jackson Hole has a lot to offer you.
- Jackson Rodeo
- Teton County Fair
- Grand Teton Music Festival
- Art Fairs
- Fourth of July Festivities
- Chuckwagon Dinners
From fishing to wildlife viewing, personal photography to climbing, and over 200 miles of hiking trails, Grand Teton National Park offers endless activities for the outdoor enthusiast. Come play with us in one of the most beautiful places on earth!
As a Vail Resorts team member, your customers trust your recommendations. That’s why top consumer outdoor brands want to reward experts like you with insider access and discounts up to 60% off — so you have the confidence and knowledge you need to share even better buying advice.
- Go to ExpertVoice.com or download the ExpertVoice App
- Enter your email and name and select Join Now or Sign Up
- When prompted for your affiliation, search search and apply to the Vail Resorts (all employees) team.
- Complete your registration
Employee Lodging Discounts
Lodging at Grand Teton Lodge Company properties can be discounted during certain parts of the year for friends and family.
Call the reservations department at 307.543.3100 for more details.
Vail Resorts Hospitality is pleased to offer eligible employees discounted lodging rates. Discounted lodging rates can be reserved by all active employees on a space available basis.
- Discount restrictions may apply during our busiest times