What to Pack
Generally, less is more - but here are some things to be sure to make room for.
Recommended things to bring from previous employees
- Warm accessories (coat, gloves, hat, socks,etc.) and plenty of layers as the temperature varies throughout the day and the season. Rain gear will also come in handy!
- Most bathrooms are not attached to individual rooms, so you'll probably want a bathrobe and some shower friendly footwear. Don't forget your favorite toiletries including towels and something to carry them back and forth in too.
- We're kind of in the middle of nowhere, so it gets really dark at night! A flashlight or headlamp will help you get around safely.
- Definitely bring a camera if you have one! The abundance of wildlife, natural beauty, and memories you're about to make will be perfect photo opportunities for social media.
- Be prepared for mosquitoes and intense sun with bug repellent and sunscreen.
- There's so much to do in Grand Teton National Park so bring your gear for hiking, fishing, camping or anything else you enjoy doing outside!
- None of this will matter if you don't show up with official documents proving you can start working. A passport will do the trick, but if you don't have one or it's expired, a combination of other documents will work too. Here's more detailed information so you can be prepared. Make sure whatever you bring is the bona-fide original, and not expired!
What to leave behind
This could be a good opportunity to de-clutter your life by leaving behind some of the unnecessary things. There's great shopping at our retail outlets and in the town of Jackson, and you can always have items shipped to you after you arrive (address below).
Some things are just not allowed in housing, and if reported or noticed could cost you your job. Don't risk this opportunity! Burning candles or incense is not allowed in dorm rooms. Possession or use of fireworks, firearms, illegal/controlled substances or paraphernalia in employee areas is strictly prohibited and enforced by the National Park Service. If you are cited or arrested by NPS for a prohibited items, it will likely result in losing your job. Don't risk it!
- Employees living in the RV park have been sent specific instructions, but here are the RV park rules in case you missed them.
We'll go into more details in your orientation, but if you have more questions about what to bring or leave behind, feel free to reach out to HR or fellow employees on the Facebook group.
What about Mail?
Yes, you can get mail and packages while you're here! The address depends on where you're living. UPS and FedEx will ship to these addresses. Mail and packages are delivered to Jackson Lake Lodge, then distributed to employee village offices.
2 miles south of Yellowstone
PO Box 187
Moran, WY 83013
Colter Bay Village
606-101 Jackson Lake Lodge Rd.
Moran, WY 83013
Jackson Hole Golf & Tennis & Jenny Lake/ Gros Venture Campground Employees, Ask your Manager